AMG Specialty Hospital specializes in the care of patients that require complex wound care treatment. These patients may requires frequent or complicated dressing changes for wounds including but not limited to, large draining wounds (extensive undermining/tunneling and non-healing/open surgical wounds), lower extremity wounds with severe ischemia, necrotic wounds and post skin flaps/grafts care. We also provide specialized treatment to patients with cellulitis and wound infections.
AMG Specialty Hospital’s wound care services include:
- Excisional and Chemical Debridement
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (technology using a vacuum dressing to promote healing in wound)
- Routine and Complex Wound Care
- Patient progress report with pictures are delivered bi-monthly to referring physicians
- Follow-up appointments with referring physicians or outpatient wound care clinics are scheduled by AMG case management at the time of discharge.
Wound Care Expertise
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Tunneling Wounds
- Non-Healing Wounds
- Open Surgical Wounds
In Conjunction With:
- Complex Medical Conditions
- Ventilator Dependency
- IV Antibiotics
- Renal Failure
We provide an interdisciplinary team approach to patients with complex wounds and conditions that may require an extended hospital stay. The interdisciplinary team is made up of clinicians who all play an important role in the patient’s recovery. The team is lead by our wound care physicians. Our services include: physician assessments, specialized wound care team, certified wound care nurse, physical and occupational therapy, pharmacy services, diagnostic radiology, laboratory services and nutritional support lead by a clinical dietician.
AMG Specialty Hospital is happy to announce that we have adopted WoundRounds Wound Management and Risk Prevention System.
The WoundRounds system captures patient data and images at point-of-care and shares information with physicians and other members of the care team.
We can better manage wounds with the use of WoundRounds
- Clinical data and images are captured via handheld device at the bedside.
- Eliminates handwritten wound charting and redundant documentation
- Accurately tracks wound progression in real-time
We can simplify wound treatment and team communication
- Prompts best practice treatment solutions
- The system automates clinically validated tools: The Braden Scale for Predicting Pressure Ulcer Risk© and the PUSH Tool for monitoring wound healing
- Data, images and automatic reports are instantly accessible for review or sharing with the are team via a secure network
We can prevent wounds with WoundRounds
- Sorts patients by overall risk and highlights the specific jeopardizing condition which prompts nurses to deliver patient interventions in a timely fashion.
Reporting on wounds with WoundRounds offers many benefits
- Automates: documentation and quality reporting
- Care team and executives have instant access to reports which are standardized and complete